To ensure the best possible environment in which to strive for excellence, Cross Country BC (CCBC) has established the following Code of Conduct for all members of its provincial team programs.
- strive to be positive and supportive of other team members;
- work as a cooperative member of the team;
- show appreciation for coaches, officials and others directly or indirectly supporting the provincial team program;
- assist in the development of cross country skiing in British Columbia by responding in a helpful manner to reasonable requests for assistance from clubs and to reasonable requests for information from the press.
- compete within the spirit and meaning of the International Ski Federation (FIS.) and Cross Country Canada (CCC) competition rules, and maintain respect for the authority of officials at all competitions;
- maintain respect and consideration towards the public, coaches, administrators, volunteers, officials and other athletes;
- represent the Province of British Columbia and the sport of cross country skiing in a dignified and responsible manner;
- treat with respect all property owned, rented or borrowed by CCBC, including team vehicles, rental cars, motels, team clothing, billet's property and team equipment;
- maintain a clean appearance and attire;
- not visit the rooms of other athletes after curfew;
- confirm with Team Leaders their whereabouts and activities at all times when away from the team accommodations, camp headquarters or race site (Junior Athletes);
- not publicly criticize CCBC programs, sponsors, clothing, equipment or personnel/volunteers, but instead voice any valid concerns directly through the normal CCBC political process;
- never use tobacco;
- never use alcohol while attending a team activity without exception (Junior Athletes);
- never use alcohol while attending a team activity without prior consent of the Head Coach or his/her delegate (Senior Athletes).
Disciplinary and appeal procedures are outlined in the CCBC Athlete Manual
I, by signing this document, indicate that I have read, understood, and agree to follow the Cross Country BC Athlete’s Code of Conduct as an integral part of the Cross Country BC Athlete Agreement.
Athlete signature: ________________________________________________
Parent signature: ________________________________________________
Phone number: __________________________________________________
Address & Postal Code: __________________________________________