Level III Officials Course Scheduled for Gatineau, Quebec, Jan 31-Feb 4, 2018
Join fellow cross country ski officials from across Canada for this exciting opportunity to learn from a variety of our sport’s top officials, to share event management experiences and to network with other club, division and national officials. Offered in conjunction with the 2018 Haywood NorAm Eastern Canadian Championships at the Nakketok Nordic Centre the Level III represents an ideal opportunity to review a number of interesting event formats including Para-Nordic under the direction of an experienced Organizing Committee. This facilitated course will combine a series of expert-led sessions with on-site event observation assignments and participant presentations on pre-course assigned topics. Pre and post course assignments complete the evaluation components of this course.
A LEVEL 3 OFFICIALS COURSE is designed to prepare officials to:
- effectively structure, staff and manage a Competition Committee at Division through National level events,
- perform any “major official” role at the National Championship level,
- lead an event organizing committee for a major event,
- perform the role of a Divisional TD,
- be familiar with CCC technical packages, CCC/FIS rules and make appropriate rule interpretations as they apply to CCC Tier 1 and Tier 2 level competitions
- be able to provide a risk management assessment for a race site and develop an effective Risk Management plan.
- teach the Level 1 and 2 Officials clinics after having achieved Certification
- Qualified Level 2 Officials seeking Level 3 certification (requires your Division recommendation which confirms your completion of Level 3 prerequisites as recorded in your experience log in the CCC Officials Registry. See below reference from the Officials’ Manual – updated Oct 2012)
- Existing Level 3 and 4 Officials/TDs who have not been recertified since 2008 (i.e. have not taken a Level 3 Officials Course or CCC/FIS TD Seminar Course.)
- Guest participants who belong to OCs that will be hosting Tier 2 level competitions in the near future. (Guests should email Len Apedaile firstname.lastname@example.org for approval)
- Please note that if the course is over-subscribed then participants will be selected on the basis of their levels and breadth of officiating experience as noted in their Officials Registry documentation. Visit: http://officials.cccski.com/main2.php?lang=en-CA
MEETING HEADQUARTERS: Johannsenhus, Nakkertok Ski Centre
COURSE SCHEDULE: 4 pm - 8 pm Wednesday, Jan 31, 2018
8 am - 9 pm Thursday-Saturday, Feb 1 – 3, 2018
9 am - 2 pm Sunday, Feb 4, 2018
Please see attachment for more details: Attachment
Dave Dyer, Director Events Management/ Directeur - événements
Cross Country Canada | Ski de fond Canada
Hm Office | 75 Mill St., Box 546 | Russell, ON Canada | K4R 1E7
T: 613.445.3527 F: 613.445.1321
email@example.com | www.cccski.com
Be part of Team Pyeongchang 2018 & Beijing 2022! Invest in youth, Canada. Share the podium.
Donate to Project Podium
Faites partie de l’Équipe Pyeongchang 2018 & Beijing 2022! Investissez dans la jeunesse, Canada. Partageons le podium.
Donnez à Projet Podium