Notice: Head Coach Golden Nordic Ski Club 2017-2018
The Golden Nordic Ski Club is seeking an enthusiastic, self motivated seasonal full time Head Coach with skills and integrity for the upcoming 2017/18 ski season, starting part time in October and November to more full time December to mid- April. He/She will work directly with the Skills Development Committee and the Board of Directors of the Golden Nordic Ski Club. This is a fantastic opportunity to become an integral part of Golden Nordic Clubs journey to grow our youth, racing and skills development programs!
The Head Coach shall be responsible for:
- *Volunteer and Paid Coach coordination for Youth Programs
- *Developing quality and sustainability of all our club programs with focus on youth
- *Competitive Junior and Senior Race Team Coaching
- *Skills development for Senior and Junior Race team members
- *Provide any input for grant writing in conjunction with the Club’s grant writers
- Researching applicable grants
- Ensure timely and professional reporting to granters when required
- *Responsible for staying with in the Programming Budget for expenses and meeting income targets
- *Fund raising and promotion
To be done in conjunction with parent committee
- *Management of youth and school program ski equipment, including skis, boots, poles
- *Management of all equipment and supplies related to the competitive and regular programs
- *Monthly reporting to the board of directors and season end detailed report
- *Work with the Skills Development Committee to continue to offer high quality programs such as School Groups, Masters and a Women’s 55+ program and teach for these programs as well.
- *organize on snow training sessions for volunteer coaches (ICC and CC)
- *The Club is considering a paid seasonal Program Coordinator position. This position requires proven coordination and supervisory experience. An appropriately qualified coach will be considered as a candidate to fill a combined role.
5+ years coaching experience
previous racing experience preferred
Minimum T2T (Training to Train) preferred with commitment to continuing professional development.
Strong technical knowledge and love of Cross Country skiing
Excellent race support abilities
Competence in race waxing and basic equipment repair and maintenance
Current First Aid and CPR
CANSI certification (optional but nice to have)
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Excellent at being a team member and working in cooperation with others!
Excellent Administration and Organizational Skills
Excellent ability to organize and motivate volunteers
Valid and clean driver’s license and vehicle for travel to races
Criminal Record check
There is also opportunity to live in the Dawn Mountain Chalet suite to be the caretaker for the Club of the Chalet. This would be a separate contract.
Remuneration is $25/hour.``
Please send resume, cover letter and reference contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further questions and details call Annette at 250-344-1144 or email email@example.com
Application deadline: August 15th, 2017