First sanctioned roller ski event in Canada to be held in Orford, QC, Sept. 17: http://www.cccski.com/Programs/Roller-Skiing/First-sanctioned-Roller-Ski-event-to-be-held-in-Or.aspx#.V8L3DpgrLIU
New CCC roller ski fleet available for testing and racing: http://www.cccski.com/Programs/Roller-Skiing/New-CCC-roller-ski-fleet-available-for-testing-and.aspx#.V8L5JJgrLIU
Tier 2 Roller Ski Event Technical Package: http://cccski.com/getmedia/c0acef41-0549-4c60-b1d1-ed57565fa495/Rollerski-Tier-2-TP-Final.pdf.aspx
Risk management guidelines for roller skiing: http://www.crosscountrybc.ca/sites/default/files/documents/CCBC%20Roller%20Ski%20Policy%202012v2.pdf
CCC/CCBC Liability Insurance Guidelines for roller skiing:
1) Notes Regarding Roller-Ski Training
a) Coverage is provided for roller-skiing as a training activity. This includes coach-organized and directed individual time trials.
b) Roller-skiing is to be conducted in accordance with approved policies governing this activity at the level (national, division or club) at which it takes place.
c) Guidelines as outlined in CCC Policy 2.1.5 Roller Skiing must be adhered to as a minimum guide unless otherwise defined.
2) Notes Regarding Roller-Ski Competitions
a) Coverage is provided for roller-skiing competitions as long as the member organizer adheres to the CCC Policy 2.2.1 Competition Sanctioning and Registration, the competition is registered through CCBC with CCC, and the Organizing Committee (OC) follows the following precautions in addition to those outlined in CCC Policy 2.1.5 Roller Skiing:
· trained race officials must be in place and be overseen by a CCC appointed Technical Advisor,
· qualified medical or Para-medical support personnel must be on site for scheduled training and racing,
· no traffic other than official OC vehicles is permitted on the race course during the competition and official training times,
· access points to the race course must be barricaded off and supervised for the duration of the competition, and
· local traffic authority has been notified and approval provided for all road closures.