International Race Opportunity for Developing Athletes
Trip Location: Germany, Switzerland
Dates: February 10-27, 2017
Number of athletes to be selected: up to 8
B-Tour Selection Criteria:
1. Eligible athletes must meet the age requirements to compete in the 2017 World Junior Championships or 2017 World U23 Championships.
2. Eligible athletes must be current members of Cross Country BC in good standing with the Association.
3. Eligible athletes must be current members of the 2016-17 BC Ski Team or BC Development Squad.
4. Athletes selected to the 2017 CCC World Junior Championship team automatically qualify.
5. Athletes selected to the 2017 CCC World U23 Championship team automatically qualify.
6. Athletes named to 2016-17 CCC National Junior Team automatically qualify.
7. Athletes named to the 2016-17 CCC Talent Squad automatically qualify.
8. Additional athletes may be nominated, at the discretion of the Athlete Development Committee, based on “force majeure” or outstanding performances at the following competitions:
- December 10-11, 2016 NorAm (Vernon, BC),
- December 16-18, 2016 NorAm (Rossland, BC), or
- January 7-10, 2017, World Junior/U23 Championship Trials (Park City, USA)
9. Athletes that accept their nomination must travel to and attend the CCBC B-Tour as part of the BC Ski Team.