Teck BC Cup #2 Update
Prince George, BC
Dates: February 4-5, 2017
Saturday: Free Technique, Individual Sprint
Sunday: Free Technique, Mass Start
Race Notice: http://www.caledonianordic.com/uploads/Cross%20Country%20Race%20Docs/documents/Teck%20BC%20Cup%202_event%20notice%20V2.pdf
Online Registration: https://zone4.ca/register.asp?id=13464&lan=1&cartlevel=1
Teck BC Cup Series Technical Guidelines: http://www.crosscountrybc.ca/sites/default/files/documents/Teck%20BC%20Cup%20Series%20TG%2C%20Feb%2C%202017v3.pdf
Dear Athletes and Coaches,
Last night the BC Cup organizing committee met to discuss hosting BC Cup #2 in Prince George on Feb 4th and 5th. Despite challenging weather and snow conditions we feel we can do this and do a good job of it.
We are going ahead with the race with the following changes:
- All races will be free technique. We simply do not have conditions suitable for classic tracks.
- As of now all courses are as posted but may change depending on our ability to make them safe and fair for all competitors.
- Stadium layout may change as well.
Snow and trails:
- The trails have a few thin spots and the base is hard. Groomers are grinding up the top and softening it, so skiing is quite fast.
- Snow is not deep enough or soft enough for classic track setting.
- If some of the steeper trails in our race maze are deemed unsafe nearer race time we will double up on the shorter courses.
- This weekend we expect a small amount of snow, a bit of rain, and above-zero temperatures.
- By Monday we should be back into mostly clear skies and freezing around the clock for several days.
- The long-range forecast is generally cold and suggests a little snow heading into the race weekend.
Here are some links to resources you may find helpful:
The Weather Network: https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/weather/british-columbia/prince-george
Environment Canada: http://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/bc-79_metric_e.htmll
Otway Camera/Grooming Report: http://skitrails.info/report/caledonia
The first race starts at 0900 Saturday the 4th. We hope to see you there!
Chief of Competition